A compact powder from L’oreal at the
price tag of Rs.399 and that too in hot pink shade! I was sold! And when I say
from L’oreal, I lay emphasis on their quality base products and not just the
big name :D
Product
description:
L'Oreal Paris brings to you the Mat
Magique pressed powder – a product that ensures your make-up remains fresh all
day long and keeps your skin shine free for 12 hours. With 5 shades, specially
created to suit Indian skin tones, Mat Magique has natural volcanic perlite
minerals that absorb sebum and sheen giving you a velvety finish that lasts for
12 hours. With the added benefit of SPF 34 PA+++ your skin is protected from
the sun and looks blemish free, healthy and radiant all day long.
My
experience with it:
The packaging is beautiful! It is housed
in a round transparent packaging which is enhanced by the beautiful hot pink
shade. I wouldn’t be throwing the beautiful cardboard box. It opens and shuts
down easily. The sponge has a separate compartment below the powder and is
extremely soft to touch The mirror is also housed in there only. Since the
sponge isthick, it helps pack a good coverage on face.
The powder is velvety soft. I swatched it
once at store and touched it again 3-4 times just to get the feel again..hehe! It
is really finely milled and does not have a dry touch to it. It blends into the
skin easily and leaves a fine finish. As for the finish, I would say that it is
between matte and satin.
One thing why it has scored brownie
points from my side is because it can be used as a setting powder as well. I
mentioned HERE that I bought Revlon powder
especially because it was targeted as a travel-friendly loose powder. But it
turned out to be disappointing. But this one from L’oreal works great to set my
base. Of course, I use powder brush then. The coverage is buildable from light
to heavy.
Coming to staying power, I bought this
powder in summers itself but started to use it religiously only a month back
when the weather got better. For my super oily skin, it’s hardly a performer.
However it performs decently on my oily skin in pleasant weather. The shade I
have bought is one tone lighter than my skin tone which is perfect for my oily
skin. It doesn’t let my skin look dull before 3-4 hours.
The shade selection is also impressive. All
of them have considerable yellow tones in them. Another major bonus is that it
comes with SPF34 and PA+++! Yay!
All in all, I quite like it!
Price: Rs.399
Quantity: 6gm
VCB Rating:4.25/5