Thanks to Lakmé
! Summers have begun on a colourful note!
Welcome the newly launched and handbag friendly
lipsticks from Lakmé!
Product description:
Steal the show with an
intense, vibrant pout. The added goodness of olive oil and vitamin E, helps
keep your lips feeling satin smooth.
My
experience with New Lakmé Enrich Satin
Lipsticks:
These new Lakmé
enrich satin lipsticks are a treat not just to look at, but also to use. As you
can see, these come in a transparent packaging. The caps shut down properly
every time and you can see the shade without having to unscrew the cap. The
only reason why I never bought or even swatched the previous Lakmé satin lipstick was because the packaging
was boring! I knew they would never make it to my handbag. But these, these are
cute! Plus, the introductory shades are super pretty! I’m saying introductory
because I’m hoping they will
introduce soft shades too later. Yeh dil maange more :P
The texture is soft and
hydrating. They cover lips fully with a single swipe only. I swipe them twice
on my lips and I’m done! Their finish is between matte and glossy. And, they
are great to be worn as blotted shades too. The staying power is impressive.
They last for more than 3 hours, after which a strong stain is left on the
lips. They don’t even bleed! But the
stain doesn’t get removed by a makeup remover. People with dry lips can find
these to be a bit drying after some hours, but they can always touch up with a
lip balm and re-apply. Also, they tend to settle into lip lines mildly as the
hours pass by but thankfully, they don’t collect at the corner of the lips. The
formula is definitely pleasant for the price. And, Ooh! They smell exactly like
‘Poppins’. Slightly, but they do.
.JPG)
Coming to the shades, P163
is a vivid plum shade. P171 is a blue toned pink and is devoid of that pale
white undertone to make it look unflattering on my skin tone. It’s a tone
darker than how it looks in the pic. P165 is hands down the best shade! This
was the only shade I agreed to buy instantly after the SA swiped it on my hand.
It’s a deep pink-red lipstick. It looks brighter and deeper than how it looks
in pic.
The Streetwear ultra color
rich lipsticks (Reviewed HERE and HERE) definitely have a better formula and
cost lower too. But the reason my mom bought these ones over them is (and,
probably yours too!) because of the favourable packaging for her age group.
Price: Rs.260 each
Quantity: 4.3gm
VCB Rating: 4/5