Product Description:
Calamine is a mixture of
zinc oxide (ZnO) with about 0.5% iron(III) oxide (Fe2O3). It is the main
ingredient in calamine lotion and is used as an antipruritic
(anti-itching agent) to treat mild pruritic conditions such as sunburn,
eczema, rashes, poison ivy, chickenpox, insect bites and stings. It is
also used as a mild antiseptic to prevent infections that can be caused
by scratching the affected area, and an astringent to dry weeping or
oozing blisters and acne abscesses. Soothing relief for dry,itchy skin.
Ingredients:
Aloe
vera gel,glycerin,bentonite,steareth-2,steareth-21,silicone
oil,dimethicone and dimethiconol,magnesium,aluminium silicate,methyl
paraben,propyl paraben,perfume,citric acid,Purified water.
I’m saying it again and will keep on saying forever (I
hope) that I love Pharmaceuticals visits! I get to know about so many other
good products which aren’t advertised and are lying in a neat shelf.
Dermocalm lotion is also from one of my those
visits. When I saw the words for ‘Dry, Irritated skin’, I bought it at that
very time since I was suffering from dry and flaky skin at that time. I applied
it and saw no change in my skin condition. I thought that it would take time to
see its result so I applied it for 3 consecutive days but it still didn’t
soothe my dry, flaky skin. After that, I used my successful beauty formula only
to soothe my skin and I was alright.
Since my dry skin was in control, I
decided to use it in my morning schedule i.e. before going to college and it
worked like a charm. It has a light peachy pink tint to it, like Lacto calamine
but this one gives your skin a glow and the effect is also very natural. It
also covers my blemishes like minutely but I do like the effect. I skipped
using loose powder/compact after it. I had gone in morning at around 11 pm and
I returned around 5 pm and man! My skin was still fresh ignoring the little
oily T-zone. So, it’s working pretty well in this area. Also, after using it for continuous 2 weeks,
my skin is really glowing and I haven’t incorporated any new changes. So, Yay! And,
I hope it works good in summers too when I have super duper oily skin.
In short, It’s :
-
Inexpensive.
-
Good quantity.
-
Hygienic packaging.
-
Gives skin a glow because of the peachy
pink tint.
-
Works nicely as a tinted moisturizer on
combination/dry skin.
-
Has never caused any breakouts on my
acne skin.
-
Doesn’t soothe dry, itchy skin.
-
It contains parabens (which isn’t a
problem for me).
-
Gives glow to skin.
-
Very good oil control on dry/combination
skin.
-
Suitable for sensitive skin
I’m liking it very much as a tinted moisturizer in
these winter days and hope it fares well in summers too. Like previous, I may
update this review or write another review on it to write on how it fares in
sultry summer days.
Price: Rs.106
Quantity: 100ml
Vanitycasebox Rating: 3.5/5
*Have You Tried Dermocalm Lotion? How Did You Find It*